Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wordcount Wednesday

I'm cautiously optimistic, which actually has me a bit worried. Pride goeth before the fall. This is usually the point where the rug gets pulled out from under you. That sort of thing.

Yeah, I can be a glass-half-empty kind of guy at times.

The reason why I'm kind of encouraged/concerned (encourcerned?) is because I seem to be on track to finishing Failstate. All I have left is what I'm terming the "final battle" and the final, wrap-em-up scene. I have two days to finish those scenes, which seems only appropriate.

The thing that has me worried is the fact that I have no idea how long the final battle is going to be. Right now, I'm thinking two or three chapters, but it could balloon into more. The conclusion should be relatively short, though, so I should be able to finish on time. Hopefully by this time on Friday, I'll be finished. Well, maybe a few hours from now on Friday. I'm anticipating a late night, mad scramble for the finish line. That's usually the way I write the endings of my books.

But enough rambling! Wordcount time. As of right now, Failstate clocks in at 105,483 words. In other words, I added 13,037 words this week. I suppose it helps that I had that panic attack last week.

Believe you me, that's not a great thing, considering my original target was 80,000 words. I hope that number comes down in the rewrite process. But first I have to finish. Pray for me. The next two days should be interesting.

No comments: