Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

So I've actually accomplished something this week! Hooray for me! Last Wednesday I reported that I had read Numb and marked it up. Over the past week, I've gone through and started making the changes that I could. I don't know if they'll be enough, but it's a good start.

I could bore all of you with a chapter-by-chapter breakdown of the changes but I won't. Suffice it to say that I've gone through 22 of the 45 chapters. When I make it through the rest, I'll post a comparison between the old wordcount total and the new.

But Numb is not the only thing on my mind right now. The other day I was thinking over Return of the Mourning Dove and I realized that if I made a few minor changes to the ending, I could set myself up for a sequel or two. Not that those sequels would have to be written; the story stands alone just fine on its own. But it would be a nice option to have open for myself.

So that's about it. Maybe by this time next week I'll be done with Numb. We'll have to see.

No comments: