Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

Okay, so I guess it's been a while, huh? I made a decision a few weeks ago that I wouldn't waste anyone's time by posting if I had nothing to post. Yeah, I've been a bad writer. But I was able to kind of kick it into gear this week and dove back into the world of Numb, my latest Christian sci-fi novel.

You may recall that I wasn't all that pleased with it when I finished. I was worried that the whole thing was a pile of broken garbage. I even harbored the sneaking suspicion that it was broken beyond repair.

Silly, silly writer.

Turns out I was being a bit hard on myself. Over the past week, I sat down with a red pen and marked it up pretty badly. I went over the notes I kept while writing and inserted them through where I could. Some stuff will be left out for now. Some stuff still needs to be put in. But by and large, this can be fixed. It can be made better.

So starting tomorrow, I'm diving back in. I'll post before-and-after wordcounts on Wednesday, either for individual chapters or for the whole thing, depending on how long the project takes.

See you in a week.

No comments: