Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

It's been a weird week. Unfortunately, our home computer has spent more time at the Geek Squad than in our home thanks to a weird, persistent slow-down problem. It's a long story and I won't go into it here. Suffice it to say, I've gotten to know one Geek in particular over the past three weeks. Well, it went back in Monday and just came back today, fresh from a "restore." In other words, wiping everything and reconstructing it from the ground up. I spent the afternoon re-installing a bunch of the programs I use and ... well, let's just say I've been distracted.

That's not to mean that I haven't been able to write. God bless the person who invented laptops, especially the team that constructed mine. It's been traveling from church to home with me, which allowed me to write 5,041 words this week for Numb. This brings my total up to 57,351. I think I should still be able to be done by a week from this Sunday, when I begin a week long vacation. At least, I hope I can make it.

Last week, Robert Treskillard, a colleague of mine from ACFW whose daughter is brave enough to wear kilts to a national writing conference, asked me what my end goal is for Numb. When I started working, I set a finish line of 70,000 words or so. Again, I have no idea if I can make it or not, but we'll have to see.

No comments: