Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Yet Another Web Comic

I know, I know, I know. I need to stop finding these things.

This time, I was checking the website for "Striptease" (get your mind out of the gutter and read my post; it's not about that) when I noticed a very well done banner ad for another web comic called Talismen. The above isn't the banner ad itself; I couldn't download the image from it. Instead, it's an "incentive poster" that the artist drew.

The cool thing is, the artwork in this webcomic is that elaborate on every page. A lot of webcomics I've peeked at are simply stick figures (or worse) not really worth reading. Talismen, on the other hand, is richly illustrated.

The story of Talismen is about a group of children who are banished from a magical kingdom to our world. In the first story arc, one of them, named Ollie (the marine in the poster above), is brought back to the magical kingdom. He falls in love with a woman named Astrina and learns about his past. They're now working to bring the other exiles back to face the evil Lord Ba.

I can't wait to see how this story unfolds. It should be really good, especially since I can see a love triangle forming amongst some of the exiles. Make sure you keep tabs on this one! It promises to be good.

No comments: