Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wordcount Wednesday

Close, but no cigar. My first full week (defined here as Wednesday-to-Wednesday) in May has not produced the results I expected. Not to bee overly dramatic, but life interfered a few times in the past seven days. Some of those ways were great, such as meeting an on-line acquaintance from New Zealand who's been traveling with his wife and kids through the U.S. for the past six months or so (awesome family! Wish there's wasn't an entire planet between our homes). Some of those ways were not so great, such as discovering more issues with our house that need to be fixed. Whatever the case, I didn't quite make it to my stated goal of writing 2,000 words a day.

At any rate, after working almost every day at Hive, it's weighing in at 39,548 words, which means that I added 10,964 words since last Wednesday. Respectable, but about four thousand short of the goal.

What also has me worried is that this places me at about the halfway point of my projected wordcount. Thing is, I think I'm only a third of the way through the story. I may have to reevaluate my outline a little and see if I can't condense some of the upcoming story.

Anyway, there we go. Maybe I'll do better this week, but we'll have to see. Our basement needs a new coat of paint and I suspect that's where a big chunk of my weekend is going to go.

No comments: