Pages

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Batman: Arkham City

So just now, I'm puttering around Facebook and I saw a post by actress Stana Katic that the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum will be coming out in 2011. And she even posted a few links to other articles.

I clicked over to IGN immediately to see what I could learn. And boy howdy, am I excited now!

For starters, apparently in the sequel, we'll be heading to Gotham City, which is being used as some sort of prison for super criminals (?!?). I'm not sure if I buy that, but hey, what do I know? We'll see Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, and Talia al Ghul (voiced by Stana Katic, hence why she was posting).

But there was one piece of news that made me sad inside. Mark Hamill will be back as the voice of the Joker . . . but this will be the last time. That's a true shame. Hamill was excellent as the Joker and has been for over a decade now. He's set the bar incredibly high for whoever comes after him.

One thing I do know, though: I'll be sure to get my grubby little mitts on this game when it comes out. Because if it's even a fraction as good as the original, it's going to be one of the best of 2011.

No comments: