Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Battles of the Bible

In the interest of fairness, I couldn't make it through the whole thing of this book. So these are my impressions based on reading half of it.

When I saw Battles of the Bible at the now infamous clearance sale at B. Dalton, I thought it might be an interesting read. It might supplement what I already knew. Maybe.

Sadly, the editors did a lousy job on this one. Weird misspellings here and there, plus bizarre choices for the artwork for the chapters. For example, in a chapter on King David, we had a picture of Samson being blinded. In a chapter about King Ahab, we had a picture of Solomon preparing to split the baby in two. Say it with me: "Huh?"

Maybe it's okay if you don't know any better, I don't know. At least I got it for cheap.

No comments: