Pages

Saturday, November 07, 2009

The renowned Rev. Of South St. Paul shares a beleaguering list from a hack writer

One of the worst books I've ever read in recent years is The Da Vinci Code. Honest to goodness, it was horrible. And I'm not just talking from a theological point of view. Dan Brown wouldn't know an actual fact if it jumped up and bit him on his . . . well, the way I wanted to phrase that isn't very sanctified, so I'll just say "bit him" and leave it at that. I could go into more detail, but thankfully, the furor over that nonsensical book has died down and I'm not about to stir it up again, even in my tiny corner of the Internet.

Mr. Brown recently put out a new book. I haven't read it. I do not plan on reading it. I don't feel that it's a good investment of my time or my money to waste anything on that individual anymore.

And yet . . .

Earlier this week, agent Chip MacGregor shared an article from the Times that had me laughing. After reading it, I'm left puzzled as to how Dan Brown ever got published. So I now leave you with the same article: The Lost Symbol and The Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown's 20 worst sentences.

No comments: