Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Dayton Phonecall

Yes! Part of my faith in the government has been restored. Not a large part of it, but just enough.

One of the people to whom I sent my infamous letter was Senator Mark Dayton. I figured if I sent it to everyone who was supposed to represent me, I would get a better response.

Anyway, about a week ago, when I got home from work, there was a message on the phone.

The message was from a lady who identified herself as working for Senator something-or-other. She apologized that she hadn't gotten in touch with me sooner, but that Mark (my first clue as to who she worked for) had received my letter, and he agrees that prescription drug advertising is part of the reason why the costs are so high. Not only that, but he is working on legislation to curb the excesses and try to bring down the costs.

I was near ecstatic. Not because Dayton is supposedly writing this bill (I'll believe it when I see it. I don't have that much faith in our government), but because someone actually read the letter!

Phew! Now all I need to wait for is Norm Coleman's response. But given that it's been a few months, I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: