Pages

Friday, November 02, 2012

Crossed

Well, that was a whole lot of nothin'.

For whatever reason, I was on a dystopian YA kick a while back. As such, I promised myself that I'd keep up with the different series. So when I got the chance to read Crossed by Ally Condie, I was looking forward to it. I seemed to remember that this was an interesting story, what with poor Cassia trying to decide who she was going to love, either Ky or Xander, in spite of the oppressive Society. I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

To my surprise, not much happened. The story picks up with Ky in the Outer Provinces and Cassia in a work camp. The two of them look to find each other and then search for where they should go next.

And that's about it. The plot is really thin in this one. There's lots of rumination, lots of poetry quotations, lots of walking and climbing and rafting. And in the end, it felt like I was reading . . . well, nothing significant.

I might check out the next book in the series, but it's not going to be high on my priority list, that's for sure.

No comments: