Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Odd Little Miracles

In the last year or so, I've found myself gravitating more and more toward short story anthologies. I don't know why. I can't explain it. But my continued fascination with the anthologies has been cemented a little thanks to Odd Little Miracles by Fred Warren, who, it should be noted, is a fellow contributor to Speculative Faith.

Simply put, this was fantastic. There was a wide variety of stories contained in this anthology covering a number of different genres, but the one thing they had in common was a sense of wonder. Oh, and some really funny parts too. Fred is great with the humor.

So which is my favorite? There were a lot of great ones, especially Pilgrimage, Get You Back to Mandalay, and A Taste of Honey. But the best of the best is definitely Rubes.

Let me put it this way, folks: Fred Warren is the best author to grace Splashdown Books. You can't do much better than this collection.

1 comment:

Fred Warren said...

Thanks for the review, John. "Rubes" is my favorite, too. :)

Fred