I guess I need to post the rules first:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So eight random facts or habits about myself?
1) I was once involved in a race riot started by the Ku Klux Klan in Memphis, TN. No, I wasn't wearing a sheet at the time. Some friends and I were in town on Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend and wound up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
2) I don't drink alcohol of any kind (except for communion wine), but not because I believe that drinking alcohol is sinful. I have some sort of weird allergic reaction to every kind of booze I've tried and for that reason, I haven't touched the stuff.
3) I am deathly afraid of heights, but only if I think there's a possibility I will fall. In other words, I can handle skyscrapers just fine ... unless I'm balancing on the edge of them. My only other phobia is that of needles. I can't stand them. When we took Isaiah in for his third round of immunizations, I couldn't watch.
4) I majored in theatre in college. I actually considered going to theatre grad school instead of the Seminary.
5) I'd like to teach in a Lutheran high school someday.
6) I've considered going back to grad school and getting either a masters degree in homiletics (sermon writing and preaching) or even my PhD in liturgical drama, but I don't see the point in taking out all the loans for a degree that I probably would never use.
7) I've actually put thought into how I would have written the Star Wars prequels and, in my not so humble opinion, I could have come up with a story that didn't suck as hard as the one George came up with.
8) I once published two very bad poems in a Christian youth magazine. Thankfully I did so under a pen name. At the time, I thought a pen name would be cool. Now I'm glad that I used it so no one can connect me to the poems.
So now I need to pick people to tag, I guess. I'm going to do this in two different groups. One group will be people whose blogs I frequent. Those people would be: Mir, Shannon, Jamison, and Sharon (although it looks like Sharon already got tagged).
The other group I'll tap will be my friends from Red vs. Blue. I love the Politics & Currents Events Forum and I've met some very interesting people here. So I'm tagging the following and daring them to do this in their journals: Swooper, the incomparable Jengaship, Batmantis (who was asking for something like this in his last journal entry), and Satarus.
Okay. There we go. I feel better now.