Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

Once again, it's time to update my myriad readers (said with tongue firmly planted in my cheek) on my writing progress. As of tonight, I have written a grand total of 64,101 words for Numb. That means I've managed to add another 6,750 words. Good progress, I think.

But now I'm hard up against it. I really wanted to get this done by Saturday night and, as much as it pains me to write it, I suspect I won't make it. Off the top of my head, I'd say I'm 3/4 or maybe 4/5 of the way through the story. Hard to say. If I can really knuckle down I might be able to make it.

So why the rush? Well, I think I've said this before, but Sunday afternoon, I'm leaving for a week-long cabin vacation and I fear that if I don't have the book done by then, a week away from it will pretty much kill my momentum.

Next week we won't have a Wordcount Wednesday report. But that doesn't mean I won't be doing some writing related activities. Over the next week, regardless of my status with Numb, I'll be reading and marking up the first draft of my NaNoWriMo project from last year, tentatively titled The Escape. Perhaps part of what I'll be doing is trying to find a better title.

So pray for me! I hope to have this all done soon!

No comments: