Pages

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Wordcount Wednesday

Why did I think this was a good idea again?

I didn't make as much progress as I hoped. I had unofficially set a goal of writing 2,000 words a day over the past week. I did not even come close.

So as of right now, on Numb, I've written a grand total of 47,761. That means that over the past seven days, I've written a new 5,772 words.

It's not all bad. While I may not have made a lot of forward progress, I rethought a few structural problems with the story that I'll have to fix on the rewrite.

Now I know that I promised a talk about what we can learn about writing from video games. Unfortunately, I have to put that off for a while. I apparently somehow managed to get 47-some-odd virii on my desktop computer, which means that I was unable to get the pictures/footage of the games I needed for the discussion. For some odd reason, today has reminded me of this.

Oh well. Maybe next week. Or some other time in the future. But tune in next week to see how much farther I can make it.

No comments: