Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

98,695

Tonight I finished the third draft of a book I'm now calling The Last Expedition. I've talked about this one before. I didn't reach my goal of 100,000 words, but 1,305 off is pretty close. Besides, that count is going to fluctuate when I begin the rewriting process. Sections will be cut, others will be added. Who knows what the count will be when I'm done.

So the next step is to set it aside for my mandatory two month minimum cool-down period. In mid-May or so, I'll come back to it with fresh eyes (hopefully). My goal is to have it ready to go by the end of the year, but we'll see.

Now I'm going to take a break for a day or two (mostly so I can go see my folks and siblings on Sunday and Monday), and then it'll be time to hit my next project: Caiaphas.

No comments: