Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Jill's brother is on the phone right now and told her the news. I immediately hopped on the web to look for confirmation...

Gilmore Girls has come to an end.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. In some ways, I'm relieved. The writing has really, really gone downhill and in some ways, they've been circling the drain all season. It's good for them to end before they really hit rock bottom.

At the same time, I'm not sure I'm happy about this at all. It's too quick. I doubt that they will be able to wrap up all the issues (such as the most recent, Rory's lack of a job) satisfactorily. I'm afraid that they'll rush to the ending and leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Oh well. What's done is done. At least we have the good seasons in DVD.

2 comments:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

I'm one of those that thinks they went down the drain when L and L broke up. For ... what, five seasons? ... they created this tension between the two stars, then blew it. Then tried to glue it back together. Uh, I don't think so ... Nope, in my opinion they should have ended a year ago at least.

It's times like this you realize TV is all about money, not creating good stories.

Becky

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

BTW, John, I tagged you over at my blog for 8 random facts about yourself. Stop by if you get a chance ...

Becky