Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Replication

I've been looking forward to this one for a while now. I mean, I've been a huge fan of Jill Williamson ever since I discovered her Blood of Kings trilogy. When I heard she was moving into the realm of science fiction, I knew I had to check it out. Her latest book is Replication, published by Zondervan. In the interest of fairness, I'll confess . . . reveal . . . state that I received a copy of this book for free. It's funny. I actually pre-ordered a copy but that's okay. This book was good enough to warrant two copies.

Now normally, I'd spend some time summing up the plot, but in this case, I don't have to, because Williamson has done the heavy lifting for me:



So there we go: clones, a secret facility, nefarious purposes, and a very good lesson about faith, one that actually snuck up on me when I wasn't looking.

I suppose I could leave it at that, but let's dig a little deeper. This book is shorter than I expected, which helps make it a fast read. Williamson did a great job creating unique voices for both Abby and Martyr. I especially liked Martyr. He kept me smiling the entire time I was reading, especially some of the "logical leaps" he makes with incomplete information about the outside world. One in particular caused me to chuckle for a few minutes. The plot has a lot of great twists and turns to it, plus a lot of excitement to keep you turning the pages.

In short, if you're looking for a great read, you can't go wrong with Replication. Jill Williamson has done it again!

No comments: