Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse

For reasons I don't want to get into right now, I got a hankerin' recently for dystopian and post-apocalyptic fiction. And so I did some digging on Amazon and I found Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse. And I am so glad that I did.

There are entries by Orson Scott Card, George R. R. Martin, and Stephen King. Each one discusses what life after a massive disaster would be like for the survivors. Just about every single one of them grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

Now I did skip two of them. I won't say which ones. One offended me just from the introductory remarks from the editor, and I decided my time would not be well served by reading it. The other, while it looked okay, just didn't interest me. I think it was a style thing.

But this was worth the time to read. Some top-shelf stuff here, folks.

No comments: