Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Old Republic latest trailer

I used to be a horrible MMORPG junkie. I've played Star Wars Galaxies from beta through to the live launch. Then I moved on to City of Heroes. And I spent a while in World of Warcraft with my wife. We finally gave up the habit due to finances and time constraints, but I have to admit, there are times when I get the urge to subscribe and start playing again. It usually passes pretty quickly.

If there's one new game coming out that could tempt me to go back, it could be The Old Republic. First of all, it's a Star Wars game, and I have a soft spot for those. Second, it's developed by BioWare, and they have a great track record with RPGs. And third, it's a Star Wars game developed by BioWare, a combination that has worked well in the past.

And then there are the trailers. I posted one last year. Well, I just watched the latest trailer and I bring it to my faithful if scant flock readers now:



Now I know that the graphics will never be at this level. Neither will the action. And based on this article, I'm not jumping up and down with excitement at the prospect of returning to that galaxy far, far away.

But I'll surely be tempted. That is certain.

No comments: