Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bloodlines


So I finished the next book in the Legacy of the Force series, namely Bloodlines by Karen Traviss. And I have to say, at this point, I'm debating if I want to continue reading this series.
I don't think that reaction is entirely related to Traviss's work. Traviss does an admirable job portraying the characters. She also does a pretty decent job untangling some of the twisted backstory of Boba Fett.
I guess my problem with this series stems from the fact that it all seems a little forced. The conflict, the story, all of it seems a little off to me. Especially one character's journey to the Dark Side. I mean, I get where he's coming from but it just doesn't seem natural.
So at this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might keep reading, but I think I'll be visiting my local library to get the rest of the books.

No comments: