Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Favorite Novel Comes to Life

So a funny thing happened the other week. My favorite novel has come to life ... and quite frankly, I'm none too pleased about that.

My absolute favorite book of all time is A Skeleton in God's Closet by Paul L. Maier. It's the story of an archaeological dig in Israel that uncovers something rather startling ... namely the apparent skeleton of Jesus Christ. Paul Maier takes us through a speculative fiction rollercoaster ride: what would happen if the mortal remains of Jesus Christ were found? How would Christians react? How would the faith survive if its very foundation, the empty tomb, were suddenly removed?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

That's right, that asinine documentary that James Cameron produced. Now, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff out on the web to discredit Cameron and company, but I thought I would direct what few readers stumble onto my blog to what I consider some of the best.

After I heard about this documentary, I was tempted to write to Dr. Maier and ask his opinion on the Talpiot tomb. I was also going to tease him a little for his apparent prophetic gifts.

Turns out he beat me to it. He even knew people would tease him about the similarities between the documentary and his novel. But I point you all in his direction in case you're curious.

No comments: